Friday, June 19, 2009

Love for Father's Day

So often, we don't remember to tell our loved ones how much they mean to us. That is one of the reasons that I am so passionate about getting people to capture their family stories. Not only are they wonderful to record for future generations, they are fabulous for the people around.

In fact, just one little story would make a wonderful gift to our fathers as a tribute on his special day. Make Father's Day more personal by writing your own story or card. You don't need to buy an expensive card when you want to show your love.

Does your father (or grandfather or brother, etc., you pick) know how much you appreciated his help when you were young? Did he work two jobs to allow you to go to college? Did he happen to get a lot smarter as you grew up from your teen years when you knew everything?

If that person is still around today, you can repay some of his kindness and dedication to you by actually telling or showing him how much he means to you. If they are gone already, then you can write a short story about what they meant to you. Either way, Father's Day is a wonderful opportunity to show you cared.

For more ideas on showing love, check out Patty Newbold's blog at www.assumelove.com.

2 comments:

JeannetteLS said...

Just wanted to thank you for your posting on Barbara Sher's site. I missed it somehow along the way and I've copied all your sites and will now be following your blog. It's an UP!

Beth (Elizabeth) LaMie said...

Jeannette,
I am so pleased you like my sites. Barbara Sher has been such an amazing resource in my life for almost 10 years. After taking one of her Success Teams, I became one of her biggest fans.

Later, I had a vague idea what I wanted to write about, but her WriteSpeak program was one of the primary reasons I was able to finish my book, "Granny's Guide to Fun & Fabulous Family Stories," as quickly & well as I did.

Barbara has helped me get my message out to people who need to save their precious family stories NOW!