Monday, September 8, 2008

Rain on a Tin Roof

Today I had a powerful and pleasant reminder of my childhood. We have a three-season room on the back of our house and it has a tin roof. I was enjoying a nice cup of tea out there when we started getting a lovely, gentle rain.

For some reason, the pitter-patter of the raindrops was especially soothing. The odd thing is that when I was a kid, we didn't have any metal roofs on the house, but we did on the tool shed. So I guess that is where the memories come from.

I love the sound and plan to enjoy it whenever and wherever I can. Life is too short to pass up simple pleasures.

1 comment:

sharann said...

"simple pleasures"...amen. They come our way more often so we get to en-joy again. Big pleasures are wonderful but too few and far between. It has just started to rain here too. No tin roof but I will 'imagine' one. :o) thanks for the reminder!
Sharon